PCFC’s specialized programs for pregnant and parenting families experiencing challenging life circumstances.
Babies First Prenatal Nutrition Program
Focused on helping women prepare for labour, birth and the transition to parenthood in a highly supportive environment.
Steps and Stages
For families with infants birth to 12 months. This program focuses on play, learning and parent-infant attachment.
For families with children 13 months to 4 years. This program focuses on play, learning and parent-child relationships.
Norwood Families Best Start
For pregnant and parenting families with children birth to 4 years. This program focuses on prenatal support, play, learning and parent-child relationships.
WHAT FAMILIES CAN EXPECT
- Regular connection with Program Coordinators and Educators.
- Support from our Community Health Nurse and Lactation Consultant.
- Access to workshops eg. comforts in labour, breastfeeding basics, mindfulness and self-care, child development, feeding your baby, healthy nutrition, positive parenting strategies etc.
- Opportunities for social interaction with other pregnant and parenting families.
- Referrals to other services in our community.
- Access to healthy cooking recipes and tips.
- Grocery gift cards program participation.
Once a completed referral is submitted, the parent/guardian will receive a follow-up phone call from the coordinator.
*** Covid-19 restrictions may change program delivery ***