PCFC’s specialized programs for pregnant and parenting families experiencing challenging life circumstances.
Babies First Prenatal Nutrition Program
Focused on helping women prepare for labour, birth and the transition to parenthood in a highly supportive environment.
Steps and Stages
For families with infants birth to 12 months. This program focuses on play, learning and parent-infant attachment.
For families with children 13 months to 4 years. This program focuses on play, learning and parent-child relationships.
Norwood Families Best Start
For pregnant and parenting families with children birth to 4 years. This program focuses on prenatal support, play, learning and parent-child relationships.
WHAT FAMILIES CAN EXPECT
- Regular connection with Program Coordinators and Educators via Zoom, phone or email.
- Virtual or phone support from our Community Health Nurse and Lactation Consultant
- Access to live and recorded workshops eg. comforts in labour, breastfeeding basics, mindfulness and self-care, child development, feeding your baby, healthy nutrition, positive parenting strategies etc.
- Opportunities for virtual social interaction with other pregnant and parenting families
- Access to PCFC’s Play at Home virtual programming on Facebook/Zoom
- Referrals to other services in our community
- A monthly Crock-pot Challenge – recipe and ingredients (when available) will be provided
- Weekly grocery gift cards distributed once per month based on program participation (at this time gift cards will be mailed to participants once a month)
Once a completed referral is submitted, the parent/guardian will receive a follow-up phone call from the coordinator.
***As Covid restrictions lift/change, a curbside pick-up (for food/gift cards) option may begin, as well as the addition of some in-person events.